[IronPython] Traceback Objects?

Gary Stephenson garys at ihug.com.au
Tue Sep 5 06:35:33 CEST 2006

My third attempt at asking this question (as the previous two went through
to the 'keeper) ...

Is the following considered a bug in IronPython, or am I doing something
wrong?

 import sys

 def test():
    try:
        raise Exception()
    except Exception, oErr:
        print sys.exc_info()[2]       # None in ipy, traceback object in
CPython
        print sys.exc_traceback    #  ditto..

 test()

Regardless of the answer to the previous question, a printout of a stack
trace does currently occur on an unhandled exception.  Other than
redirecting stderr (which I _assume_ would work), is there an easy way of
logging the traceback message to a file?

Apologies if I am asking unwelcome nooby questions.  Should I perhaps be
asking on another forum, and if so, which?

thanks in advance,

gary