[IronPython] clr.GetString, clr.GetBytes

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Oct 24 00:47:53 CEST 2006

I'm not sure I know what the obvious thing here is...  is GetString the same as calling ToString (after importing clr or a .NET namespace)?

Or are these helper methods to go from string -> byte array and back again (presumably w/ some encoding as a parameter?).  If that's the case I'm not sure how this differs from System.Text.Encoding.GetString / GetBytes.