[IronPython] Standard Python Debugging not supported

Jeff Griffiths jeffg at activestate.com
Thu Oct 5 19:34:19 CEST 2006

Dino Viehland wrote:
> Sys._getframe() is likely significantly harder to implement.  I'd be
> a little bit surprised if we get this into 1.1 but it'd be nice to
> get at some point in the future.  The hard part of this probably
> isn't supporting sys._getframe() but actually supporting
> sys._getframe(depth).

> Do you know if the parameterless version will unblock you, or do you
> need the full blown functionality?

Komodo's debugger only makes calls like:

sys._getframe().f_back

We don't seem to pass arguments in, so I expect sys._getframe() without
parameters might work.

JeffG

ps for the curious, the debugger implementation we use is FOSS, and
available here:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/RemoteDebugging

The DBGP protocol it is based on is doc'd here:

http://www.xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php