[IronPython] Comparing clr objects in lists

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Oct 3 19:51:56 CEST 2006

This is definitely a bug - I've opened CodePlex issue 3982 to track this (http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=3982).   Thanks for reporting it.  I suspect this is due to the fact that our enums don't implement compare, and we are doing a compare (and checking it's zero) instead of a simple equality check when comparing the lists.  Some interesting other data points are:

x = Color.Red

Prints True (because you're using the same boxed enum) and:

{Color.Red:Color.Red} == {Color.Red:Color.Red} also works (we're doing an equality check instead of a comparison).

Any input on how we should prioritize this?