[IronPython] IronPython in a web application

Ian Warwick fluxtah at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:58:57 CET 2006

Hi,

New guy here.

I am developing a web application that uses the Front Controller pattern, the idea was that it would provide rich functionality for mapping UI Elements to business objects.

It came to the point where it would be nice to have content parts that I could write up in a text file, just a few html snippets for customizing certain areas.

I then decided to add IronPython support within these snippets, it works really well and very fast but I wanted to confirm it by talking to other developers using IronPython.

In a nutshell I have a class that encapsulates PythonEngine and executes code written in the snippet file outputing the result back into the snippet file, I use the <% %> and <%= %> style markup for code blocks.

The only concern I have is that I create a PythonEngine for every http request.

The PythonEngine instantiates really quickly.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

best regards

Ian (Fluxtah)