[IronPython] Is any one use IronPython in your project?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Nov 23 09:36:31 CET 2006

Kevien Lee wrote:

> Now ,Ironpython had release some time,but i want to konw is any one use
> IronPython in your project?

absolutely.  we used it to "drive" a big C# application, where a C# "frame-
work" application provides functionality, and IronPython scripts provide con-
figuration and behaviour (including customer-provided behaviour).  works like
a charm.

(and following the pattern from when I first started to use CPython in existing
C/C++ applications, the framework developers have started doing things in
Python instead of C#, because they work much faster in Python... totally
messes up our project planning.)

> As a dynamic language ,what it will bring us some advantage for
> project,which the  advantage C#,VB.net couldn't have?

the same advantages that CPython has over those languages, but on a
tightly integrated platform.  speed of development, flexibility, fast turn-
around, prototyping as a design tool, etc, etc.

</F>