[IronPython] Receiving command line arguments

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Nov 14 19:37:31 CET 2006

If System.Environment.CommandLine isn't reporting the arguments then it sounds like the arguments aren't getting passed to ipy.exe.  I just tried this on both XP, Server 2k3, and Vista and it worked on all three.  Steps I followed:

Create .ipy file:

copy con foo.ipy
import sys
print sys.argv
raw_input()
^Z

Start explorer:

start .

Open foo.ipy

Get the prompt to choose a program, find ipy.exe and start it.

That gives me a new console window that outputs the filename being started and waits for me to hit enter.  Starting it from the console also works.  My guess would be that there's something wrong w/ the file extension association - did you create it through some other means?