[IronPython] Static methods that look similar to instance methods?

Jonathan Jacobs korpse-ironpython at kaydash.za.net
Mon May 8 09:26:59 CEST 2006

J. Merrill wrote:
> In C# you could use   Vector3.Unproject    but that might not work in IP.  Have you tried it?

I guess I neglected to mention the part where I explained what I was doing. :)

Calling Vector3.Unproject (in an attempt to call the static method) results in
a "None" return value, while the first parameter is modified, essentially
behaving like the instance method version rather than the static method
version. Either IP thinks this is something like obj.method(objInstance,
*args) or it will only try and match the static signature later, which it
never gets around to.

--
Jonathan