[IronPython] CodePlex downloader

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 07:16:20 CEST 2006

In my copious free time, I wrote a CodePlex downloader:
http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/fepy/util/codeplex.py

This scraps CodePlex website, determines the latest revision, confirm
the license to the user, and try downloading sources by incrementing
revision number by one from the last downloaded revision, and discard
a revision if it's of the same size as the previous one.

If you start from scratch, it will take a long time. So create a
directory ("IronPython" in this case) and download the latest source
by hand. After that, running "codeplex.py IronPython" will download
sources from that revision.

I already checked all the revisions from 1 upto 454 and downloaded
them. They are available here:
http://sparcs.kaist.ac.kr/~tinuviel/download/IronPython/

Writing a tool to diff between revision archives is left as an
exercise to the reader.

Seo Sanghyeon