[IronPython] help(), in the mean time

Jonathan Jacobs korpse-ironpython at kaydash.za.net
Thu Jun 1 09:15:54 CEST 2006

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> Currently help() raises NotImplementedError.
>
> But in the mean time, I would like to have help(obj) as an equivalent
> to print obj.__doc__. It's not like CPython's help(), but it is
> certainly more useful than the current behaviour.

I was going to suggest using pydoc.help from the stdlib, but that seems to
have it's own problems:

 >>> from pydoc import help
 >>> help
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File , line 0, in <stdin>##313
   File C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\pydoc.py, line 1640, in __repr__
   File C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\inspect.py, line 819, in stack
   File , line 0, in _getframe##315
ValueError: _getframe is not implemented

--
Jonathan