[IronPython] profiling ipy apps

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Wed Jul 26 16:24:24 CEST 2006

You could use a third-party product like Red-Gate software's "ANTS Profiler" --
    http://red-gate.com/products/ants_profiler/index.htm
There's a 14-day trial, and it's a lot cheaper than Team Suite (one copy is $295, 10 copies are <$160 per user).

Buying hint:  at the end of each month, the sales folks would like to get the sale into this month's activity and could likely be convinced to give you the "one year maintenance and support" for free (normally $74).

At 08:02 PM 7/25/2006, Arman Bostani wrote
>Hello all,
>
>Is there a recommended process for profiling ipy applications?
>Understandably, the cpython profile module doesn't work (no
>sys.setprofile).  Also, CLR Profiler isn't geared towards performance
>analysis.  So, do I need to somehow run my ipy applications under VS
>2005 Team Suite?
>
>Thanks,
>-arman

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp