[IronPython] Can not use httplib in ironpython beta9?

Bruce Christensen t-bruch at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 18 19:20:53 CEST 2006

Peter,

Sorry for the trouble. This is a known issue that we're tracking in our
bug database at
http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkIt
emId=548.

For a full explanation of the situation, see
http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2006-June/002
605.html.

To answer your second question: most, but not all, of the Python
standard library works with IronPython. We're working to support as much
of it as possible, but there are still areas that are missing
functionality, as you have discovered. If you run into any other
problems, please let us know so that we can prioritize our work
accordingly.

--Bruce