[IronPython] IP 1.0 Beta 2 float to int conversion

J. de Hooge info at geatec.com
Thu Jan 26 17:09:36 CET 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the new release and all the work invested!

I've just stepped up from IP 0.9.5 to IP 1.0 Beta 2, and I noticed the
following:

In 0.9.5 the following runs fine, where self.widget is a
Forms.SplitContainer (type: Int32 property) and the r.h.s. is a float, e.g.
100.0:

self.widget.SplitterDistance = self.state * self.getMaxSplitterDistance ()

In 1.0 Beta it will stall with the following message:

No conversion from 100 to System.Int32

Stricktly taken, the IP 1.0 is correct, but I found the auto-conversion
convenient.

Has the conversion behaviour been tightened deliberately?

Kind regards

Jacques de Hooge

info at geatec.com