[IronPython] Newbie question about 'import'

Martin Maly Martin.Maly at microsoft.com
Sat Jan 7 08:59:14 CET 2006

Hi Fabio,

The tutorial is meant to be ran from the Tutorial directory (there are 2 batch files to execute the IronPythonConsole from there)
Other option is to add the Tutorial directory to your sys.path:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.path.append(sys.prefix + "\\Tutorial")
>>> import first

Since the tutorial is designed to work from the tutorial directory, I'd recommend using the batch files to start the console. This way, IronPython will run in the correct directory and import lookup paths will be set correctly.

Martin