[IronPython] calling multiple python methods

Brandon Furtwangler furtwan1 at msu.edu
Fri Jan 6 17:59:30 CET 2006

I am hosting iron python I my C# app and I'm running into problems calling
python methods.  For example given the following script:

(in MethodTest.py)

def Method1():

    return 5

def Method2():

    return 10

and the following C# code:

PythonEngine pe = new PythonEngine();

pe.ExecuteFile("MethodTest.py");

Console.WriteLine(pe.Evaluate("1+1"));

Console.WriteLine(pe.Evaluate("Method1()"));

Console.WriteLine(pe.Evaluate("Method2()"));

I would expect the following output:

2

5

10

But I actually get:

2

5

5

I fould out that when I call "Method2()" it actually just calls the first
method in the py file.so changing MethodTest.py to:

def Method2():

    return 10

def Method1():

    return 5

then I get the output of:

2

10

10

This is basically a show stopper for me because I need the user to be able
to define more than one function which I call from C#.

Any suggestions?

-Brandon Furtwangler