[IronPython] FW: VBScript issue

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Fri Jan 6 00:28:31 CET 2006

A buddy of mine is trying to get information that I don't know how to locate off-hand.  Perhaps someone here knows how.  This could be a good IP example.. ;)

I am trying to use VBScript natively to access some info that isn't (AFAIK) available without shelling out and using something like NTRights.exe or SecEdit.exe.  Some of the things I am trying to get info on are the objects in the User Rights Assignment from the Local Security Policy for security audits.  We do this with VBScript so that all the windows machines will support the scripts.  But since shelling out is kinda slow, I would like to find a way to avoid that.  I don't know if a custom COM or .NET object would allow access to these objects without shelling out, but that is the only option I can think of at this point.