[IronPython] [OT] Coding4Fun + Mono

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 05:35:17 CET 2006

Oh, you should add to that list Saxon on .NET, and *ANY* other Java
application that can be successfully compiled and/or run via IKVM.NET. Will
run out of the box via Mono, though if you happen to have an rPath
Linux-based distribution,

> conary update ikvmbin Saxon.NET --install-label=nuxleus.rpath.org at nux
:devel

This will provide for you the latest release of IKVM.NET (0.30.0) and the
latest SVN snapshot build of Saxon on .NET (8.8-b++).

Adding to this a bit, given Sun's latest GPL'd offering, as soon as the
library source becomes available, I know for a fact that Jeroen (the
developer of IKVM.NET) will be working aggressively to integrate the source,
providing as near to complete of a Java VM for the .NET platform as the
released source will allow.

When this happens, and given Jeroen's efforts to ensure that each release of
IKVM.NET runs equally well on both Mono and MS.NET (excluding performance
comparisons of each respective platform; including the fact that an app that
runs via MS.NET will run on Mono as well) my guess is that this list is
going to get just a tad bit longer.  But that's just a guess ;)

On 12/11/06, M. David Peterson <xmlhacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Action:Visit http://www.google.com
> Action:Type 'list of mono applications'
> Action:Click "I'm Feeling Lucky"
> Action:Read *LONG* List of Cool .NET applications that are known to run on
> Mono's runtime implementation of the Common Language Infrastructure
> specification.
>
> Or just click the link that follows: http://www.mono-project.com/Software
>
> --
/M:D