[IronPython] [OT] Coding4Fun + Mono

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 05:13:26 CET 2006

On 12/11/06, J. Merrill <jvm_cop at spamcop.net> wrote:

>  There is a link "Email" under the "This Blog" heading at the top of the
> left-side frame.  (So yes, you did miss something!)

Huh...  Would ya look at that ;) :D

That gets you to a contact form that goes to someone who actually answers.

Something tells me that at this point I may not get the same prompt response
you got, but you never know :)

  I used it to question inclusion of a link to a 2-year-old article, and was
> challenged to find a better list of cool Mono apps.

Hmmm.... Not quite sure that's the right answer, though I'm up for the
challenge.

Is IronPython actually considered to be a "Mono app"?  I would have thought
> that it's a .Net app that works on Mono.  But that's me...

And, in my own opinion, you are absolutely spot on.  In fact, you could
easily make the comparison that IronPython is to CPython what Mono is to
MS.NET.  There are limitations to the entity on the left of each comparison,
but each represent a runtime for the Python and Common Language
Infrastructure specifications, respectively.

Will locate a better list and report back.

Thanks, J!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson