[IronPython] unicode object type

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Dec 2 10:01:34 CET 2006

Sylvain Hellegouarch wrote:

> I can understand why IP or JYthon uses the same type but then the
> results don't seem to be consistent with CPython. I might misunderstand
> something here. Alternatively I assume using 'is' implies such issues.

you're confusing CPython implementation details with the language specification.
Python makes very few guarantees about object identities; the specification says
that there must be exactly one None object, and the type object for
two objects of
the same type is the same object (obviously), but that's about it.

</F>