[IronPython] Final release packaging

S H Yoon yelled at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 06:44:05 CEST 2006

I hate contributing to a flame war. So, let me try to put some water on it.
I think the development team is extremely busy dealing with all the bugs prior to the release. I would hate to be caught up with a nasty bug some day and try find a workaround.
Ease of installation with MSI, I think we can all wait until later, when these guys have time. It's not a must have, right? Even a programming dope like me can write something pretty interesting with current zero impact installation, than it should be a minor issue for vast majority of you guys.
I would rather see less buggier IP and then a good IDE. MSI comes in as very distant third in my wish list.
I really think MS should spend some more on OTHER (than IP team) resources to integrate IP better integrated into VS 2005 (I hope I am not starting a flame war again). After all, this is only way for MS to re-coupe the huge? salaries and stock options paid to IP team. I already regret spending money to upgrade to VS2005, after looking at the current state of integration. I believe/hope that I will be changing my mind in the future as this matures.

"Keith J. Farmer" <kfarmer at thuban.org> wrote: I hate to say it, but the last time I was dealing with CPython was around 2.2 or 2.3.

C# happens :)