[IronPython] Type of an empty array

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Aug 30 17:35:48 CEST 2006

Wow, it's actually a little bit worse than what you describe - if we get a step != 1 we also return an object array:

import System
a = System.Array[int]( range(10) )
print a[1:9:2]

prints System.Object[](1, 3, 5, 7)

I've opened CodePlex bug #2730 for this (http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=2730).  The issue here is we have one code path that creates the strongly typed array, and another that always creates object arrays.  I'm marking this as a 1.01 bug for the time being.

Thanks for the bug report!