[IronPython] Final release packaging

S H Yoon yelled at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 01:41:51 CEST 2006

MSI could be nice for some, but I won't probably ever bother with it. Just let me know which envionmental var has to be set up and I will be happy.

On more serious note, on my machine memory foot print on cpython is 3mb, but IPY takes up whopping 17mb+.
Is this release candidate thing or is this something that we have to live with? I know that Jim did mention this as an issue before, but certainly seem bloated.

BTW: What is everyone using for IDE, editor, or debugger? Pls, e-mail me directly with subject: "my IPY editor" yelled at yahoo.com. I would not like to clogg this space up. I would like to take a small sample.
Thanks much!

Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  Bericht                    I&#8217;ve opened a bug for us to track this &#8211; (#2705, http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=2705)  if anyone else has any suggestions as for what the MSI should do please either comment here or add a comment to the bug.

  It&#8217;s too much work to get this ready for 1.0, but we&#8217;ll look at distributing an MSI shortly after 1.0 (either 1.01 or 1.1 hopefully).