[IronPython] Debugging support PythonEngine

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 17 23:49:03 CEST 2006

The first issue is probably the same that IL offset 0 does not have any debug information.

Calling the delegate "add" steps into a DynamicMethod which confuses VS. A workaround for now is to add this statement before creating the PythonEngine.
IronPython.Compiler.Options.GenerateDynamicMethods = false;
This disabled the use of DynamicMethods altogether and will instead use AssemblyBuilder. This is not generally recommended or supported since you are going to leak memory since AssemblyBuilder memory cannot be reclaimed. However, VS seems to be better able to deal with AssemblyBuilder during stepping, and it might be good enough for you. This is a case where we will would need to teach the tool (VS) to handle DynamicMethods differently than it currently does.