[IronPython] Embedded IP eating memory

Rodolfo Conde rodolfoconde at saitosoft.com
Fri Aug 11 21:57:31 CEST 2006

    Hi....

    I have an IP-Embedded C# application (IP version IronPython 1.0.60523 (Beta) on .NET 2.0.50727.42, Yeah i know, im out of date, but i havent make the change to latest version because i saw there were some API changes :) ), i create one PyEngine, set some global variables and inside a while block i execute this little script every time:

import sys

try:
 i = sys.path.index("scripts")
except:
 sys.path.append("scripts")

import CMOpFuncionalidad

try:
 pyop = CMOpFuncionalidad.PyOperador(cmop, dba, connID)
 pyop.atiendeCM()
 pyop.liberaRecursosBD()
 pyop = None
except:
 pyop.liberaRecursosBD()
 pyop = None
 raise

The module CMOpFuncionaliad is an IPython script i wrote, it contains a class definition. Inside the scripts i use components defined in some assemblies i made (these are already loaded into the CLR). The problem is, after the Engine takes the usual 12M+- of memory it needs, every time the script executes it consumes 2M more, i dont have a clue why is this...Does this version of IP have memory problems ? Or what else could be ?? If you need to see CMOpFuncionalidad.py let me know and ill send it....

    Thanks for your help....

    Greetings...