[IronPython] Problem: AllowDrop = True --> DragDropregistrationfailed

J. de Hooge info at geatec.com
Fri Nov 18 11:29:16 CET 2005

Thanks for the info!

Jacques

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com
[mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] Namens John Lam
Verzonden: Friday, November 18, 2005 3:25 AM
Aan: Discussion of IronPython
Onderwerp: Re: [IronPython] Problem: AllowDrop = True -->
DragDropregistrationfailed

MTA is default due to a change in the behavior of the Whidbey CLR.

In earlier versions of the CLR, CoInitializeEx was not called in *most*
cases. So you could tell your thread to enter an STA via a change to
ApartmentState in *most* cases. The default in Whidbey is to put all threads
in the MTA which is more predictable, even at the expense of breaking
applications that manually set the ApartmentState of a thread after
execution has started.

You must declare the COM requirements of the startup thread via an STAThread
attribute in your application's Main() method. I'm not sure how attributes
are supported in IP (I've run into this problem in my Ruby bridge - and have
a non-ideal solution to it as well).

HTH,

-John

http://www.iunknown.com <http://www.iunknown.com/>