[IronPython] Need help in learning.

J. Merrill jvm_cop at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 1 15:53:26 CET 2005

That script searches the release docn for .Net (1.x).  IP relies on .Net 2, so I think the .Start line should be
     Process.Start("http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/searchbeta/Default.aspx?" + query)

Otherwise, some results will be missing or perhaps incomplete (or, rarely, incorrect).

At 04:27 PM 10/31/2005, Shawn Farkas wrote

>Pretty easily done with a quick script:
>

>import sys
>
>sys.LoadAssemblyByName("System")
>
>from System import String
>
>from System.Diagnostics import Process
>

>def msdn(query):
>
>            if query.GetType() == String.Empty.GetType():
>
>                        Process.Start("http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?View=msdn&st=b&c=4&s=1&swc=4&qu=" + query)
>
>            else:
>
>                        msdn(query.GetType().FullName)
>

>Will launch the MSDN help page in the user s default browser.  I m not sure if there s a nicer way to determine if the parameter is a string or not, and this also relies on the fact that the browser will normalize the query string (if it contains a space for instance) & but will break if you query contains the & character.  However, for debugging purposes, if you throw that in your site.py you re all set J
>

>-Shawn

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp