[IronPython] IronPython.Objects.List doesn't support GetHashCode()

Chris Anderson chrisan at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:39:55 CEST 2005

The problem with this model is that it requires you to subclass and use a
special type. My goal is to enable simple usage in binding scenarios:
 _list.ItemsSource = range(5)
 This means that every list/dictionary/touple needs to support
ICustomTypeDescriptor and GetHashCode/SyncRoot... The ICD requirement for
object/dict is pretty solid, but I'll follow up with our databinding team to
see if we can gracefully support non-hash supporting objects...
 I'm unclear as to why returning the default CLR implementation of
GetHashCode would be bad? It's unique to the life of the object and never
changes... it won't be based on the containing data in the list, but it also
shouldn't break any hashtable... no?