[IronPython] config files vs. env vars and site.py

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Thu May 5 00:21:10 CEST 2005

The proliferation of custom config files has been the bane of my existance, lately. :)  And I just spent another night wrestling around with the propagation of environment variables.

My boss keeps saying that computers and programming are hard.  I don't see that as an excuse for keeping it that way.  Isn't this why we've created great languages and much more universally supported file formats?