[IronPython] VS 2005/#Develop/MonoDevelop plugins

Cartwright, Iain iain.cartwright at atari.com
Thu Mar 31 06:27:25 CEST 2005

For dev's coming from a Windows/.NET environment IDE plug-ins are in my
opinion a real drawcard. It would really aid the progress and adoption of
IronPython if these are made available as soon as possible.

I am guessing that this is beyond the scope of Jim and Martin's tasks.
Perhaps this would make a good ironpy community project?

VS 2005
I have looked briefly at the MS VSIP SDK
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/extend/) - It appears to be a lot of work
to get full language support + integrated help + ironpy window.

#Develop
The Boo folks have working code that might be useful as a basis for a
#develop plug-in.

MonoDevelop
Appears to use the same/similar plug-in format to #Develop.

It would of course be best to have MS do the VS 2005 plug-in and release it
as (shared source) example code for the VSIP program maybe?

iain