[IronPython] Ironpython 0.7 released!

Jim Hugunin jimhug at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 24 03:44:40 CET 2005

Thanks, Luis for announcing this while I was away at PyCon in DC today.

Here's what might be an easier url for folks.

http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/ironpython

All of the details for making this release came together just in time for my PyCon keynote this morning, and I have just gotten back from the conference and had a chance to send mail to this list.

This is the release that I should have made about 2 months after IronPython 0.6 and joining MS.  I'm sorry that it took so long and that I haven't been able to really participate in this list during all this time.

The good news is that IronPython is back moving forward full steam ahead.  Please come download the 0.7 release from the above URL and let us know how it works for you.  Many of the bugs that you reported on this list should be already fixed and the site above has a nice bug tracking tool for you to tell us about any that we forgot.  We're going to be driving hard now to the right IronPython 1.0.  We'll be producing frequent releases to get there, but we need your help in providing the feedback to help us make the right decisions so that IronPython 1.0 will really address your needs.

It would be great if people could join the online forum at the above url for discussing IronPython; however, I'm going to keep this mailing list open for a while for those who prefer it.

Thanks - Jim