[IronPython] Two Questions

Tim Riley riltim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 21:09:56 CEST 2005

I am looking to make IronPython .NET assemblies to load into AutoCAD.
I know at this point in time there isn't a static compiler for
IronPython but it would be nice to know how much of a priority this is
and an ETA would be really nice. In order to use the assemblies in
AutoCAD I need to compile them to a .dll.

Another weird thing I saw in sample code for AutoCAD .NET assemblies
is some strange tag for defining user commands in AutoCAD.

For C# it is:
[CommandMethod("helloworld")]
public void HelloWorld()

And in VB.NET it is:
<Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandMethod("HELLO")> _
Public Function HelloCommand()

I am wonder if anyone knows what they are and if you do would this be
possible in IronPython.

Thanks,
Tim Riley