[IronPython] 1.0 Beta 1 is out now!

Jim Hugunin jimhug at exchange.microsoft.com
Sat Dec 31 04:08:41 CET 2005

MSI packaging has been very low on our list since my impression is that most IronPython users are happier with the zip file style of installation where you can know exactly where everything came from and went.  If there's interest in an MSI installer we can prioritize it higher.  We expect to split the release into an MSI binary installer and a source zip package as the two downloads sometime between now and 1.0 release candidate 1 but our current plans are for sometime very close to rc1.

-Jim