[IronPython] IronPython is leaking

Andrew Pliszka APliszka at AlienForceIT.Com
Wed Dec 21 18:12:36 CET 2005

Hi,

I run a very simple speed/reliability test using IronPython, and then
analysed the code using .Net Profiler. Current IronPython release seams to
not release all the resources, because the memory usage of simple console
application doubles in size from 62MN to 120MB, and analyzing .Net Profiler
GC graphs there is a linear increase in memory usage.

I run the same test using Boo (http://boo.codehaus.org/) and there was no
problems.

I am interested in using IronPython as a scripting language for my
application. Is there a release date for production ready IronPython?

Andrew

ConsoleProgram.cs
            PythonEngine pe = new PythonEngine();
            pe.AddToPath(Environment.CurrentDirectory);
            pe.Execute("import hello");

            for (int j = 0; j < 1; j++)
                for (int i = 0; i < 6000; i++)
                	pe.Evaluate("hello.speedLoop()")