[IronPython] [Simpy-users] Simpy under IronPython 0.96

Klaus Muller kgmuller at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 16 17:41:57 CET 2005

Stan,
I am so glad that you are getting on with testing SimPy on IronPython!

Many of your errors are:

> <class 'SimPy.Simulation.Simerror'>: "Fatal SimPy error:
> activating function whi ch is not a generator (contains no 'yield')"

This is caught by the following code in function 'activate' in
Simulation.py:

     if not (type(process) == types.GeneratorType):
        raise Simerror("Fatal SimPy error: activating function which"+
                       " is not a generator (contains no 'yield')")

I suspect that the type system on IronPython is somehow different from that
in CPython.

Could you check what e.g. the type of a generator is?

Klaus Müller