[IronPython] Iron Python on .NET Compact Framework

Jim Hugunin jimhug at exchange.microsoft.com
Thu Dec 15 20:45:21 CET 2005

Because IronPython wasn't written targeting CF from the start, I suspect that there are lots of little cases where we used APIs that aren't supported.  However, because IronPython tries to only use core APIs I suspect that this would be a modest amount of work.

The one exception to that is that CF doesn't support Reflection.Emit for dynamic code generation.  This feature is used quite heavily in IronPython's implementation and would take some serious effort to work around.  I've talked with the CF team about this and we're looking at options, but it's not a top priority right now.

Thanks - Jim