[IronPython] IronPython IDE

Aaron Marten Aaron.Marten at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 12 21:51:37 CET 2005

Hi Giles
	You'll need to build the various projects that get installed to
"Program Files\Visual Studio 2005
SDK\2005.12\VisualStudioIntegration\Samples\IronPythonIntegration".

	Merely building them will also register them in the Visual
Studio "experimental hive". The idea is that while you're writing a
package for Visual Studio, you don't want to potentially mess up your
installed version, so we create a copy of all the settings and have you
work inside the "experimental" copy.

	In order to run VS under this experimental mode, you can use the
shortcut that is installed with the Visual Studio SDK on the Start Menu,
or run "devenv /rootsuffix Exp" from a VS Command Prompt.

	Again, I would stress that this is a very early preview of what
we're working on. It will be in a more usable state in our next preview
release (probably late Jan 2006).

	If you have more questions about the sample or Visual Studio
Extensibility, I would encourage you to check out our homepage and
discussion forum:

Homepage: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/extend/
Forum:
http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showforum.aspx?forumid=57&siteid=1