[IronPython] Avalon/WinFX

Robert Smithson rcs1000 at amoral.org
Sun Dec 4 23:02:29 CET 2005

Hi,

I watched the terrific demo on IronPython with Avalon/WinFX. But I just
can't get it to work. It's probably something very simple which I've missed.

IronPython 0.9.5 on .NET 2.0.50727.42
 >>> from avalon import *
Unhandled exception:
 >>> Traceback (most recent call last):
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callb
ack, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadStart.Invoke()
   at System.Threading.ThreadStart(Object )
   at avalon.start$f3() in
D:\Downloads\IronPython-0.9.5\Tutorial\avalon.py:line 50
AttributeError: 'System.Windows.Application' object has no attribute
'StartingUp'

Unhandled Exception: 'System.Windows.Application' object has no
attribute 'StartingUp'

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Robert