[IronPython] Adding dynamic scripting to an existing .NET application

John A. Tenney jtenney at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 10 22:21:50 CEST 2005

I'd like to be able to script up a .NET app that I have-say, for example, by
bringing up a dialog in which they can interact with existing objects in the
environment.

At first blush, it works fine. However, it seems that, even though an
assembly is already loaded, that in order to create a new object in that
assembly from the IronPython command line, I still have to issue a
"sys.LoadAssembly." command. This loads up all the types a second time, but
doesn't use the existing types. As a result it reinitializes all static
variables, which is undesirable. Any solutions to this problem? Is there
some way that IronPython can work with an assembly that is already loaded?