[IronPython] To Compile or Not to compile, that's the question

Innes MacKenzie innesm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:55:08 CEST 2005

On 4/17/05, Swaroop C H <swaroopch at gmail.com> wrote:
> "ipc" is just too cryptic.

What about 'dir', 'cd', 'csc'?

> Why isn't just "ironpython" good enough for everybody?.

I hear there's a current thread on the subject, on the iron-python
mailing list. This may be a useful source for finding out peoples'
opinions. :-)

> If the command-line guys are worried about number of characters, I
> assure you that there is such a thing as tab completion.

That only works on files relative to the current directory, or on
absolute paths.
But anyway, if you're not a commandline guy why would you be bothered
what the compiler/interpreter is called?

> This name debate seems to be going on and on. I wish Jim would just
> pronounce something and be done with it ;-)

So, let me recap, you dont actually care one way or the other, are
growing bored with the debate, havent absorbed anyone's views, and
decided to chip in nonetheless? ;-)