[IronPython] To Compile or Not to compile, that's the question

Joe Mason joe at notcharles.ca
Fri Apr 15 18:47:05 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:02:03AM -0700, Keith J. Farmer wrote:
> For a compiler, 4 characters is about my limit.  After all, it's all
> about my code -- not the tool that is used to transform it into
> something else.

You type the name of the compiler by hand a lot?  Wouldn't it be invoked
from a Makefile or IDE 90% of the time?

Besides, if you really object to a name longer than 4 characters, you
can always make an alias, but if there's a name class, it's harder to
alias from an ambiguous name to a non-ambiguous one.  So it's better to
err on the side of non-ambiguity.

Joe