[IronPython] Renaming IronPythonConsole

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Apr 1 23:56:04 CEST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005, at 15:31, R.R. Sprinkhuizen wrote:

> I guess you're right: by the time IronPython (or whatever the name
> will be)
> is production ready, everybody will have 2.0 on their machine. Right? I
> guess it's just another Microsoft way of saying: you must upgrade to
> 2.0. I
> don't like that tone. I like Python, I like the addition of .NET and I
> liked
> the way that IronPython *was* licensed.

Microsoft is paying for it, they can do whatever makes sense for them.
You're lucky that it's as liberally licensed as it is!

I have no problems with them requiring the latest and greatest .NET
runtime, especially because it has features designed to support use
cases like IronPython... and will grow them as necessary *because*
Microsoft is supporting IronPython.

If you liked it better with the old license and old requirements, fork
the old one.

-bob