[IronPython] interpreter component

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Thu Aug 19 20:04:42 CEST 2004

Everything I've been seeing points to API being exposed to change
properties of the console window, not the ability to host an interactive
console.  Google provides a bunch of links.

Did some more thought:

Streams -- StandardInput, StandardOutput, StandardError, .. (Trace,
Debug, ...)
Events -- StandardInputEvent, StandardOutputEvent, StandardErrorEvent,
.. (Trace, Debug, ...)
Methods -- GetNextEventId(), AsynchronousExecute(id, script)
Properties -- InterpreterState

Regular input would go in via stdin.  The interpreter would then fire a
StandardInputEvent with this information, including an identifier that
could be correllated to output and error events.

>>> if 1=1:    [stdout, stdin]
...     print "foo"    [stdout, stdin]
...     print "bar"    [stdout, stdin] .. maybe some events for
continued input
                [StandardInputEvent #1]
foo            [stdout, StandardOutputEvent #1]
bar            [stdout, StandardOutputEvent #1]
>>> [stdout]