[IronPython] interpreter component

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Thu Aug 19 10:25:48 CEST 2004

Random idea --

Anybody manage to wrap an IronPython interpreter into a Forms control
yet a la PyCrust?  Maybe a component with an in/out/error,
start/pause/reset, and an exposed memory object that could be hooked
into a textbox or the like?

It'd be nice to pair up the interpreter's response with the input that
triggered it, but especially in a multithreaded case, asynchronous
would entail a parallel set of streams and a consumer that would route
tagged output.  That of course would require that the interpreter
generate and keep track of an input tag during processing, and cc the
parallel streams.  A flagged behavior, I think.

Jim -- actually, if MS promoted an interface for interpreters, it could
be a big win for plug-in scripting, you think?  They already have
similar things going on with C#, VB, and CodeDom.