[IPython-dev] Issues with IPython and emacs (in ubuntu 14.04)

Emanuele Olivetti emanuele at relativita.com
Thu May 7 11:04:44 EDT 2015

On 05/05/2015 07:15 PM, ssanderson wrote:
> I use the following in my .emacs, though I use python.el, which is different
> from python-mode.el.

[...]

Thank you for the very detailed information. It was pretty useful.
I am trying python.el[0] and the py-execute-... operations works
fine, with the exception of py-execute-region that raises IndentationError
when a >=2 lines snippet, that is indeed indented, is selected.

Both for python.el and python-mode[1], the issue above seems to be
a recurrent one...

I am also trying elpy[2], which is definitely more complex (and feature
rich). At the moment it works well, with no (immediate) glitches.

Best,

Emanuele

[0]: https://github.com/fgallina/python.el
[1]: https://launchpad.net/python-mode