[IPython-dev] ShellChannel.object_info equivalent?

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Tue May 5 16:06:04 EDT 2015

Is there a new equivalent to ShellChannel.object_info in 3.0+?  I see that there's now a KernelClient.inspect that seems similar but it doesn't return the information at the same level of granularity - previously we'd get back the doc string, args, var args, var kw, and defaults.  Now it seems like the reply just includes a textual representation without any of the information broken out.

Is there any way to get the more detailed information?