[IPython-dev] current development version: 3.1 or 4.0?

Zoltán Vörös zvoros at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 07:42:38 EST 2015

Hi all,

On the ipython website http://ipython.org/, 4.0.dev is indicated as the
development version. However, if I pull the code from master, I end up
with 3.1.0-dev:

IPython 3.1.0-dev -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.

Also, this is what is contained in version_info

In [5]: IPython.version_info
Out[5]: (3, 1, 0, 'dev')

Is this only a typo, or there is some deeper reason for the discrepancy?
If it is only a typo, I have issued a PR on github.

Cheers,
Zoltán