[IPython-dev] Jupyter/IPython for beginner

Antonino Ingargiola tritemio at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:26:23 EDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Matthias Bussonnier <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2015, at 15:42, Antonino Ingargiola <tritemio at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> http://jupyter-notebook-beginner-guide.readthedocs.org/
>

> Awesome, this is typically the kind of things we want in the **official**
> docs.

Absolutely, I started that page only because I couldn't find a similar
resorce in the official docs.

> Brian and john are working on something like this here:
>
> https://github.com/jupyter/jupyter
>
> http://jupyter.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>
> I think combining the effort would be nice.

Great. As a step 0, I would add a link to the readthedocs website in the
README.  I wasn't aware of this repo BTW.

I guess we want to discuss a little where and what to add regarding this
"beginner quick-start" guide.

What are the plan for the docs? They will be all sphinx-based in single
stand-alone repository? There will be another repo for the main website?

Bottom line, tell me how to contribute and I will adapt that pages. Also a
section "how to contribute to the docs" would be usefull ;).

Antonio