[IPython-dev] [jupyter] Experimenting with a modified dev meeting format?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 14:57:36 EDT 2015

On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 8:00 PM, Damián Avila <damianavila at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could not attend because I was going to the airport, but looking into
> the notes and the video, I think this was a successful experience.
> I agree there is still audio issues, more remarkably when the microphone
> is shared in the room. Otherwise, it is a *substantial* improvement over
> the gh experience. Eager to join the next one.

We want to note that the shared room microphone was an rare, pure Murphy's
law incident: I had booked the room and when we tried to go in, there was
construction going on.  We will normally have a room for shared microphone
use that has an excellent speakerphone with zero echo (we've used it
successfully in many other meetings at BIDS).

Otherwise, individuals can use single-person headsets that are fine.

But more importantly, the new meeting format seems to have been a very nice
and successful change.

Reminder: no meeting tomorrow, most of the team is in-person at SciPy'15.