[IPython-dev] Dockable widgets for IPython

cedric gestes ctaf42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 11:57:45 EST 2015

I hacked a prototype of dockable widgets using DockSpawn.

see
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=990121201501291741191600x900scrot.png
for a screenshot.

Before going further I would like to take your advice on the subject.

Is that something wanted in IPython?

We can imagine having cells and widgets in docks.

The prototype is hackish and just a proof of concept.

You can find it github on the branch dockspawn of:
github.com/ctaf42/ipython and github.com/ctaf42/ipython-components

just checkout, run IPython and open a notebook like this one:
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/ctaf42/e029c475b08bdfe43f6a

Cedric