[IPython-dev] how to display messages received by console or notebook front end

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 20:49:57 EDT 2015

Hi Matthias, hi everybody,

well, I got the input_request to work -- it turns out the crucial bit
which I missed is that the stdin socket must be a DEALER (I had
declared it as a ROUTER). Perhaps that datum will be helpful to
someone else.

With that change, TCP/IP traffic on the stdin socket does appear and
the front end does receive the input_request. The notebook opens a
text input prompt as expected and the kernel receives the input_reply.
O happy day!

best,

Robert Dodier